Monday 28 October 2013

Happy Halloween!

We're all set for Halloween! I picked up this pumpkin spice candle in the States, and on our last Morrison's run, we got cinder toffee, toffee apples and my carving pumpkin.

On the last weekend of each month (Mar-Nov), they hold a market at Kirkstall Abbey

The last time we went, we just sort of stumbled upon it and we'd already eaten lunch. This time, we made sure to come hungry!

I had this "Sombrero Bowl" from El Kantina. It's pulled pork with salad, chipotle dressing and jalapenos. After eating this, I remembered having their pulled pork sandwich at the food festival this summer, so I guess I'm a fan of El Kantina (despite the spelling...Spanish doesn't use 'k'!)










On Sunday, we had a pub lunch at Weetwood Hall's Stables


They do this amazing gravy with red wine & thyme...it was on both my sausage & mash and on Richard's steak pie. 

Tonight I carved my pumpkin and we watched "Ichabod & Mr Toad"--Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment