Saturday 14 December 2013

Birthday in York and Getting Ready for Christmas

Our Cadbury's Advent Calendar is up!

We put the tree up before my birthday this year--since we're going to be away, we wanted to enjoy it a little longer.

My little dough mouse ornament from 1993 :)

And my clay gingerbread man from 1992!

We bought this one last year in January--it's a Wedgwood Jasperware bell with little penguins on it, and it's says "New Year 1979". We've been collecting Jasperware, and it's also cool that it's almost exactly the same age as Richard!

When we were touring Castle Howard, I loved this Christmas pudding ornament that I saw on their trees--and I was thrilled to find it in the gift shop!

Our stockings are up!

Last weekend, we went to the Otley Victorian Fayre

We had mulled cider & roast beef sandwiches for lunch



Richard's Santa Hat--it's a charity one for Text Santa from Morrisons, and the mistletoe is hilarious!

From one market to another--we went to the Christkindlmarkt for my birthday eve dinner

His & hers German drinks--Dunkel bier (dark wheat beer) and mulled wine

York's Christmas Market


We went to the York Castle Museum--there were a few sections we hadn't seen last time, like this brilliant toy exhibit. I love this metal pedal car--and the fact that Paddington is driving!


This doll house looks just like the Cath Kidston sweater, and now I get it a bit more--it's meant to look like a classic doll house.

The Victorian street in the Castle museum



The birthday girl at the York Castle Museum


Out and about in York with my eggnog latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment