Saturday 21 June 2014

PhD Viva

On 18 June, I had my viva voce exam for my PhD. It was a great experience--very nerve-wracking, of course, but I felt ready and really did enjoy the opportunity to talk about my research with senior academics who've actually read it. It took place in Phil Taylor's former office, which was the first place in the building that I went when I came to start the PhD in 2010. I passed without corrections (only 6% of Leeds Uni PhD's get that result--most people have some edits!) and my supervisors and friends came in to celebrate with Champagne! It was brilliant!
The weekend after the viva, Richard & I went down to London to meet up with Carly--she and her family were visiting Norway and England. It was great to catch up and do a bit of sightseeing!



Buckingham Palace--despite having been to London many times, I'd never actually seen the palace
The final, hardbound product of 3 1/2 years of work


No comments:

Post a Comment