Friday 14 November 2014

Happy Birthday Biscuit!

October 23rd was Biscuit's first birthday!

She liked her wet food treat, but didn't seem to understand why we were taking pictures and why she was eating in the living room...

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since we got little Biscuit. We're so happy with her--she's very affectionate and cuddly, friendly with strangers and only occasionally naughty. She doesn't get up on the table or the counters, but she does still try to chew on power cables and buttons (not completely grown out of the kitten stage yet!). In the mornings, she's underfoot and thrilled to see us. She gets cuddly around 9:30, so it's nice to have her on my lap while I work at the desk. If I watch a movie or take a nap on the couch, she usually cuddles with me then, too. She's still fascinated by laundry--I throw clothes from the bedroom into the hallway and she tries to catch them in mid-air, and she still likes to look in the washing machine door when it's filling up with water. When she hears Richard coming up the stairs at 5:30, she always goes to the door. She's always underfoot when we're in the kitchen, and she'll play with anything we drop--a potato peel, a bit of onion, etc. Richard gave her a piece of asparagus once and she carried it around for three days (I threw it out when it started to look manky, or else she probably would've kept right on playing). 

It's definitely been an adjustment to go from having an 18-year-old very sedate cat to having a kitten again. Biscuit has so much energy and needs dedicated playtime. I can't even remember when Cookie was like that, it was so long ago! I still miss Cookie, as she was part of my life for so long and we were so close. Biscuit is a very different cat, in both looks and personality, and I think that's been good for me. It's also been nice for Richard, even though he loved Cookie, too--she was alright with him and would sit near him, but never really cuddled with him the way Biscuit does. 

She's been sitting on the dining chairs lately--I love how her fluff spills over the sides!
It's amazing the difference 10 months makes--she's grown up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment