Wednesday 17 December 2014

14 Weeks Pregnant


I'm thrilled to be in the second trimester: the best one, where you stop feeling tired & nauseous all the time, but you aren't massive & uncomfortable yet. No more 1-2 hour daily naps! No more indigestion! I still need to rest more often than I used to, but overall things are great. 

Tomorrow we're heading to the States for Christmas, so I had my "16 week" midwife appointment a bit early today. We went over the results from the scan & blood tests, and everything looked great. My iron levels were nice and high, which proves that the fatigue was just fatigue and I'm not anemic.

All of the literature/websites say you can't feel any movement until 18-ish weeks, but I have definitely felt "flutterings" a few times now. The first time was on the drive up to Durham--it felt so crazy and amazing (and it didn't feel anything like gas pains, which the literature claims can be mistaken for flutterings).

Looking forward to Christmas, New Year's and the research trip! Will try to get 16 & 18 week updates posted on time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment