Wednesday 3 December 2014

6 Weeks Pregnant

Let's consider this one my "Before" shot...As you can see, my stomach was not completely flat to begin with, despite my best attempts to suck it in (and you can't blame it on the pea-sized baby yet...). The Duchess of Cambridge is due two months before I am, but I started out with more of a "bump" than she has in her second trimester. Alas, we can't all be Kate...

Fatigue really was one of the first things I noticed--even before taking a test, I had already started taking naps. During the first couple of weeks, I made two big batches of applesauce from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I store it in canning jars and when hunger strikes (and it strikes very suddenly & makes me nauseated), I can just take the lid off and pop it in the microwave for a quick, hot, fairly nutritious snack. Not interested in pickles & ice cream, but I did really enjoy French Toast with peanut butter and applesauce for breakfast a few times in the early weeks...

Our darling Biscuit has been much more affectionate, too, and often joins me on the couch for my afternoon nap. She used to prefer Richard, so that's been a nice side effect! (She still likes him, too, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment