Wednesday 3 December 2014

Announcing Baby Bettie!


Now that we're married, we own a flat, and I'm done with grad school, Richard and I are excited to take on the next adventure: starting a family! We decided that we're getting far too much sleep and we have too much disposable income. On October 9th, I took a test and got a faint positive, then confirmed it with the digital test. When I brought it out to show Richard, I told him, "We did it!" and he said "Blimey! Really?"

Since I'd been charting, I found out at 4 weeks--in some ways, finding out so early made it worse because we had a long wait before sharing the news! We didn't want to tell anyone until the first appointment (8 weeks), and didn't want to make it "Facebook official" until the first ultrasound (12 weeks). It's been really hard to wait! On the other hand, we planned to go to a real ale festival at 6 weeks and a Halloween party at 7 weeks, so it was good to know early just to ensure that I wouldn't be drinking!

According to my chart dates, Baby Bettie is due around 17 June 2015. The midwife initially put my due date at 7 June (using LMP), but the first scan changed it to 16 June. My dates were spot-on! I'm hoping for 18 June, as that's Paul McCartney's birthday (I share my birthday with Donny Osmond, so I'd like my kid to have a cooler birthday twin than mine!). At any rate, since it's perfectly normal for babies to arrive 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late, we're thinking of it as June (a 'due month' rather than due date, just like the Duchess of Cambridge, due in April). We're so excited to meet Baby Bettie!

No comments:

Post a Comment