Sunday 25 January 2015

Archive Research Road Trip

After a lovely Christmas in Minnesota, I drove down to visit the Fulbright papers to get more material for my PhD dissertation-to-book revisions.

It's very brown & bleak in January


On my day off, I went to Eureka Springs--it's very cute & Victorian

Frozen springs make little icicle waterfalls on the side of the road





 On my drive back up to Minnesota, I caught a few pics of funny signs
I really, really don't want to know what the "Men's Spa" involves...

I just couldn't get over how flat Iowa was--you really can see for miles & miles!

Sounds like the kind of restaurant King Toot would like!

Fireworks signs are everywhere, too

Somebody's happy to be here!

I spotted this dreadful bumper sticker on a car with Missouri plates...This picture and the one above nicely sum up my love-hate relationship with the South--I love Cracker Barrel, but I hate idiots like this person.

No comments:

Post a Comment