Wednesday 28 January 2015

Baby Bettie's Shower

 The day before I went home, Kelly & Mom threw me a surprise baby shower!
 My Seattle/Everett friends even sent presents--it was such a lovely surprise!

 My clustermates sent an Ergo baby carrier, a Sophie la Girafe, baby balm, and a cute onesie that says "Keep Calm and Carry Me".
 Jonna & Carol sent a lovely pack of muslins, a swaddler blanket, and a stroller blanket
 Kelly, Jason, Will & Charlie gave me lots of cute things--this cozy hooded sweater, onesies, board books, toys that they'd loved like the Skwish and Take-Along Tunes, car seat covers, reusable breast pads, a nursing cover, muslin blankets and a teether. Mom got me blue & pink newborn-size outfits, a onesie that says "Muggle Born" I've been wanting since before I was pregnant, washcloths, a nasal aspirator, a teether and a board book.
We had a lovely tea for lunch, with Kelly's Lady Carlyle tea set and Mom made a really good strawberry sponge cake--it tasted like strawberry shortcake! It was such a fun send-off and I'm glad we got to celebrate the baby together in person--the next time I see them, the baby will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment