Wednesday 11 March 2015

26 Weeks Pregnant



26 weeks felt like a proper milestone for me, because it's 6 months--it really sounds like a long time (half a year!), and since most people think of pregnancy in months, not weeks, it's an easy one to convert (52 weeks in a year, so 26 weeks is 6 months). Whereas having 5 months or 4 months left to go felt like a long stretch of time, having just 3 months left feels like no time at all--especially when it comes to getting my writing and editing done!

Baby is now around 14 inches and weighs about 2 lbs. The growth rate from here on out is just crazy! Now that all of the major framework (organs, skeleton, etc.) is in place, the baby just fills out over the next 14 weeks, tripling or quadrupling its weight by the time it's born. I'm guessing the baby will weigh around or slightly over 8 lbs, because Richard was over 9 lbs and I was 8 lbs 12 oz. 

A 2-pound baby's kicks are proper kicks, no longer little 'flutterings' that could be mistaken for gas. I've been feeling a few good kicks while sitting at my desk after lunch, and Richard was able to feel a good one the other evening, too!

I'm feeling huge these days, and worried because I know I'll only be getting bigger for the next 3 months. The prenatal yoga videos do seem to help make it more comfortable, so I'll try to be more diligent about doing them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment